November 13th, 2013 by King Companies
With the exception of retail, hospitality and travel-related industries, the last few weeks of the year are a time when many businesses experience a slow-down due to holiday celebrations, and a greater number of employees are taking time off to spend with friends and family. As such, late November and December can be the perfect time to relocate a business, as any disruptions caused by the move will have less impact on workflow than they would during times of peak productivity.
However, while this time of year may seem ideal for an office move, if you are considering a relocation during the final weeks of the year, keep in mind that your organization may not be alone in opting to move over the holidays.
To ensure that your move goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Plan Ahead: Be sure to contact your relocation company as far in advance as possible to schedule your holiday season move. Dates during this time of year can book up quickly!
- Be Flexible: If your desired date isn’t available, identify other dates near your desired date and be willing to slide your move by a few days if needed.
- Hire a Reliable Relocation Firm: Don’t let just anyone relocate your office. It is best to hire a professional relocation firm that has the tools and experience to efficiently move your business.
- Coordinate with Building Managers: Be sure to work with your building managers at your current location and at your new offices to ensure that the facilities are open and available during your move. This includes having access to freight elevators and other areas of the facilities that you will need during your move, and that may not be generally open to tenants.
- Use Holiday Cards to Communicate the News of Your Move: If you are already sending holiday cards to your customers, business partners and other key stakeholders, lighten your burden during this busy time of year by using this as an opportunity to also communicate with them regarding your new address and relocation dates.
King Companies, an agent of United Van Lines, a UniGroup Company, is a one-stop-shop for small and large offices, manufacturing and technical facilities, and professional businesses that are on the move. With a 100 percent on-time completion track record, and tailored services ranging from project management, to computer and furniture installations or post-move follow-up we minimize down time so you can be up and running as quickly as possible.
We hope that you will consider us as your “go-to” resource for your office relocation needs. To learn more about King Office Services, visit www.kingcompaniesusa.com